I had a lot of victories.
I started working out for serious. During 2013, I did all of the following:
- Deadlift 175 lbs
- Did the Fight for Air Stairclimb- this is serious business!
- participated in several 5ks
- did 2 10ks.
- finally picked up yoga as a serious habit
In 2013. I also did a lot of knitting. I made:
- Several pairs of mittens
- Several hats
- a scarf for Dev
- a couple of pairs of fingerless mitts
- finally finished socks I cast on in Maryland
- a lovely shawl for one of my BFF
2013 was a tough one for a lot of people in my family, and it wasn't exactly easy on me, either. My life went fine, other than my company having a layoff, but in 2013, the following things happened to my sister
- divorced her husband
- moved into a rental after years of owning
- bought a house, but a major fixer upper
- as a single parent of 3 kids, started nursing school
- developed anxiety
- children got into her anxiety medication and two of them were airlifted to a hospital an hour away (they are ok!)
- witnessed her lovely, 13 year old yellow lab having a very long, grand mal seizure
- fell down the stairs at her house, breaking her leg
- had to withdraw from nursing school due to said broken leg
Now, what do I hope to accomplish in 2013 in three sections
- complete several events. Fight for Air, Relay for Life- walk a half marathon
- in the spring, I am going to start back on Couch to 5K. To this end, I want to complete a 5k where I run the entire thing
- I'm doing Fight for Air again. Normally, I would be gunning for a PR, but I have a friend that's doing it with me and my goal is to support her up the stairs.
- I want to be able to do 50 push ups on my toes.
I don't believe in setting defined be x weight by x day goals, so for this I will say I just want to be a little better one year from today than I am today. If I could be out of the Obese range, I'd be delighted. If I was out of the overweight range, I would be estatic.
- Knit through at least 1/2 of my (admittedly small) stash. Most of my stash is remnants. I will be making at least a few pairs of crazy socks for Deven.
- Start holiday knitting sooner. Like July
- SAY NO to people that want me to knit things for them in November.
- Knit more for myself.
- Challenge myself to make harder projects. Lace- a sweater maybe? MAYBE TRY ARGYLE? Learn how to Fair Isle
- Finally tackle the spare room. Reduce the volume of stuff in there by 1/2
- put in a shelving system that actually makes sense in the spare room
- get better at keeping things organized in there
Happy New Year, everyone!