14 August 2013

I signed up to do what?

Last night, I went on a race registration spree.

I have 5 events coming up and am now registered for 4 of them.

The first, Color Me Rad, will be walked with Raj and Deven.  I did this race last year and it was FUN FUN FUN!  I can't wait to get all messy!  That's August 31.

Coming up after my fellow Warriors and I will Run Back to the 80s on September 17.  We are planning on dressing like 80s TV show.  I'm thinking of Mama from Mama's family or maybe something from Facts of Life.

Coming up right after that is probably the one I am most scared of.  On September 29, I am going to run the Zoo Run Run 10k. This will be my longest ever race.  I'm nervous but I've got this.  YES I CAN.

After that, I registered for Gilda's Run 10k to benefit Gilda's Club on October 13- supporting people with cancer.

I am also doing a 12 mile moonlit walk at some point in October.  I might also add the haunted hustle and a Thanksgiving run (or 2) but for now, this is what I'm up to!

My weight isn't changing.  I'm still gaining and losing the same 5 lbs.  I need to just stay the course, track my food and try not to eat more than 1/2 of my exercise calories.  I've got this.  I know what to do, I just have to do it.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Sounds like some fun races. Enjoy!! Weight loss is challenging. I didn't see any long term success until I started taking one little step at a time. As for activity calories, I, personally ignore them unless I'm doing a long run over 10 miles. If I'm really hungry than I will eat a little something extra. Everyone is different though and you have to do what works for you. Good luck Emily and welcome back!