03 September 2012

I Tried it: UNREAL Candies- Chocolate Unjunked

I recently received a campaign from Bzz Agent to try UNREAL Candy.  My BzzKit contained one coupon for a free Unreal Candy item along with several buy one/get one free coupons.  Let me know if you'd like a buy one/get one free coupon.  I'd be happy to mail one off to you so that you could try it out, too.

I tried three varieties.  Each that I tried had 5 WW Points Plus value for the entire package (a pretty normal serving size)  I will share my feelings about each that I tried separately.


UNREAL Candy
The first one I tried is my favorite. UNREAL 77 (Peanut Butter Cups)  These taste great.  They have that legendary combination of chocolate and peanut butter with a lot less cloying sweetness of the usual brand.  I love that they don't have hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, or artificals.  The verdict on this one: CRAVEABLE.  Loved it. 10/10 would eat again :)

The next one I tried is UNREAL 54.(Candy Coated Chocolates with Peanuts)  Let's face it.  It's fun to eat colorful chocolates.  These look great, but taste good but not great.  I don't know that I would go out of my way to get this one again, but I love that they contain none of the garbage that other commercially produced candies tend to have on board.  If I were to have a chocolate covered peanut candy, this is the one I would go for over the other brand.  In fairness, this is not the kind of candy that I would typically reach for in any circumstance. 

The last one I tried is Unreal 41 (Coated chocolate pieces).  These taste ok, but I can tell you I wouldn't buy this one again.  As a long time Weight Watcher, I try to make sure my indulgences count, so I would definitely roll for something that I find craveable. (I am looking at you UNREAL 77)  I think the thing here is that it's less sweet than the brand of colorful chocolate pieces and with my palate being used to such extreme sweetness, it just rang off.  I don't think there is anything wrong with the candy, per se, more wrong with me.  I liked the peanut variety better, probably because there was a second dimension, some crunch and that peanut flavor.  If UNREAL made a peanut butter filled candy piece, I would probably be all over that.

I still want to try the other 2 items, but that will wait for at least a week as I over indulged on my recent trip to my 20 year class reunion.

I enjoyed trying these candies and enjoyed that they are fewer points than their similar counterparts. I love that they are ethically made without a bunch of chemicals. 

 Have you tried these?  Let me know.  I am interested in reading your opinions!   Once again, if you would like a Buy One/Get One coupon, please let me know.  I have a limited number of them, but I would love to share them with my readers for as long as my supply lasts.

*disclosure statement. I am a Bzz Agent, which means I am offered products for free or at discounted rates to try and review.  I also discuss the products with others and from time to time, have coupons that I can share with friends and family so that they can also try the great things I have been testing out.


No comments: