05 November 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Ten Reasons to Be Thankful

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Ten Reasons To Be Thankful
1. I'm thankful for my family! They make me laugh and make me want to be a better person every day. I'm never lonely because I always have them. 
2. The courageous service of our military, past and present.  Here is a picture of my Grandpa when he was in the Army during WWII.  He was a sharpshooter that served on the front line in 5 major battles in WWII.  He was on the front lines at the Battle of the Bulge.  He died with a bullet from the war lodged in his elbow.

3. I am thankful for my dog, who makes outdoor exercise both necessary and fun.  He's quickly become an awesome friend.  I am thankful to my cats for their unconditional love.  I am especialy grateful for my cat, Tommy.  He is a nine year old cat with a kitten face.  He is ridiculous and makes me laugh.
4. For having a good job. For feeling secure at work.
5. For having enough money to house and feed my family, For having enough for some of the finer things in life.
6. That I get as many chances as I need to reach my goals.  There is no limit to the number of restarts I can have.  I can always try again.
7. That I am getting ready to transition into my new position at work.  My current position is great but its very stressful.
8. That I have vacation coming up at the end of the month.  I'm just exhausted.  I am absolutely ready for some time off.
9.  For knitting.  Knitting always refocuses my heart and keeps my hands busy.  I can almost always change any frustration into something productive.  Right now, I am knitting baby hats for the less fortunate.  (I need to get busy with my winter knitting.  I don't have a hat and Dev needs mittens and a scarf)
10.  My friends.  All of them, but especially the two gorgeous ladies I see the most often.  Coffee and gossip with them refreshes my heart.  I know I can always count on good advice, a sympathetic ear and, if appropriate, tons of outrage on my behalf. 

Now it's your turn to answer this week's question!  Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I'm here for FMM. You have a great list. I also added my pets into the list couldn't live without them!