19 December 2012

A New Challenge

On Friday, I got an email from a friend.  It's a 'Not Your Usual' Challenge. 

It runs from 1/6/2013 - 3/30/2013

It's setting goals, not resolutions.  Included in the challenge fee is

Initial Body Composition Analysis at program kick off
Before pictures at a professional photographer
Weekly Group Training Class (limited to 8 people per class)
Weekly Fitness Challenges
Weekly Foodie Focus including eating clean, super foods, recipes, healing through nutrition
A weekly group coffee chat and counseling sessions
Final Body Composition Analysis at the end of the challenge
After pictures from a professional photographer
and a team challenge to either run a 5k or do a 47 flight stair climb.

I've been thinking about it a lot.  I think I am going to train for the stair climb.  I might do the 5K, but I already know that I can move my body 5k.  I may not be able to run the whole thing, but I can definitely get myself down the road for at least 6 miles with little difficulty.  The stair climb is a real challenge.  I also think it's a pure test of fitness.

I think this is just the kick in the pants I have been needing.   The best part is that my two best friends are doing it, too, so I have pure support from them.

I'm very excited.  I will be coming here once per week to talk about these challenges.

Oh and by the by?  I've received two Klutchclubs and it's not for me.  I am going to be cancelling.  The items contained there are just not for me.

No comments: