13 April 2014

Sugar

I have a sugar problem.  It's severe.  If I avoid sugar, I look around for it everywhere.  I eat a lot trying to fill that triggered craving. 

It's time to stop that.

That's why it was so perfect when Threw Down The Gauntlet and challenged me to give up sugar for 30 days.   I'm taking wheat with it, because I find wheat to be triggering, too.

I'm going to try some of their recipes during the next 30 days (which start tomorrow.)

I'm going to try to blog more about how this feels, too.  Generally, I'm guessing that I will feel crappy at first but then feel preeeetty darn good.

Here are some of the things I will be trying...
  • eat more healthy fat- including a minimum of 2 tablespoons per day
  • eat full fat dairy
  • limit my fruit to 3 servings per day 
  • eat more vegetables
  • try to include a healthy fat with each meal or snack
Also during the next 30 days, I want to start and complete 30 Day Shred.  I'm also toying with Mile a Day May. Between 30 Day Shred and Mile a Day May, I should be pretty fit when June hits :)

I'm going to try to blog about this more in this space. 

I also want to be blunt.  I'm expecting a big gain at Weight Watchers today.  I'm not excited about it, but it's not undeserved.  I've allowed myself to be triggered into binge eating and over eating for days and days. 

So, my plan for today to get ready for this challenge

1) Make my homemade yogurt this morning
2) get my carrots and celery peeled and washed and ready to snack on
3) clear out triggering items today. 

I'll get this sorted out.

No comments: