07 March 2014

Countdown to 40

90 Days.   I've got 90 days before I turn 40.  I'm not sure how it happened, but here it is.

90 days before I'm an age I never thought I'd be.  90 days to make some really positive changes in my life.

I don't want to whimper into 40.  I want to go into the next decade of my life with purpose, as fit as I can be.  I want to go in feeling accomplished.

So I've got a goal.

To be the fittest me I can by 40, I want to:

1) Do a better job keeping my whole house clean.  My kid is 6. He can start to pitch in with his own mess.  I can sit on my ass less.  I can be proud of my home.  I don't need to knit for 3 hours per day.

2) Strength training.  I've got to do it. Period.  I'm going to do strength on Tuesdays, Thursdays and on Saturday when my trainer hands my ass to me for 90 minutes.

3) Cardio.  I'm going to start running again as soon as the sidewalks clear.  I'll be taking the dog for daily walks until then.

4) Stretching.  Yoga and I are going to rekindle our relationship.  This will help with the pain that comes from numbers 2 and 3.

5) Food.  I've been doing well on that regard, but it can always be better.  I'm going to continue to watch what I put in my mouth and remove my reliance on man-made food.  I'll eat what I have and then make a positive change for my health and for the health of my family.

6) Push Ups.  SOME WAY, SOME HOW I am going to do 40 push ups on my toes.

Forty is going to be freaking FABULOUS.  I've got this.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

How's is your Countdown to 40 going? I turned 40 last summer so I'm counting down to 41. So far 40 hasn't been all that bad! I hope things are going well.